Wild berries are a tasty and healthy product. Chefs use them to make masterpieces, and housewives find berries in all walks of life.
Edible forest berriesBerries
You can pick berries during the summer, autumn and even in winter. The very first appear strawberries and strawberries. It is better to collect them at the beginning of the summer, when the berries ripen and taste. Behind the lingonberries, blueberries, bones and blueberries - go to coniferous forests. Berries such as cranberries and cloudberries grow near damp places. Most often in the swamps or near streams or rivers. Raspberries and blackberries will be an excellent dessert. However, gathering in the forest, you need to pay attention that not all berries are edible. Poisonous berries - dangerous to life! The names of the most popular edible berries are listed below.
LingonberryLingonberry bush with berries
Rich taste of lingonberries, growing in a dry area of pine forests. These are small bushes with bright scarlet berries. It is necessary to collect lingonberries by the end of the summer - in the autumn, when the berries are poured and become dark coral in color. Fruits contain a lot of sugar, so lingonberries make good jam and jam.. Use not only berries, but also leaves. They have disinfectants and other beneficial properties.
Stone berryStone berry
A plant with creeping on the ground shoots, only 30 cm tall. Fruits of the gooseberry are very similar in appearance to raspberries, both in shape and color. In each drupe of the fruit, there is one stone. To taste, the berry resembles ripe pomegranate. Berry finds a wide scope. It is often used for drinks and desserts. Brewed leaves with tea. It turns out fragrant, but slightly viscous. Home-made wine is made from the berries and even added in the production of vinegar and shampoos.
These large berries, dark blue, are easily confused with blueberries. You can distinguish them by the size of the bush. The bilberry bush is 30 cm high, while the blueberry grows on a shrub reaching a height of 90 cm. The blueberry pulp is a watery structure of a greenish hue. Berry can be collected in various types of forests. Most often, the berry grows in the hills and mountains. When harvesting blueberries, you need to carefully ensure that wild rosemary leaves do not get into the basket along with the berries.. The leaves are poisonous. Cause drowsiness, dizziness and fainting. And in the leaves of blueberry, on the contrary, contains a lot of useful properties. On their basis, brewed teas, make infusions and used in cooking.
One of the most useful berries. Has a bluish-black color. Blueberries are a strong dye. Having eaten a handful, it is still possible to observe the painted language for a long time. It grows on small bushes in wet and shaded areas. Berry has a wide application in medicine. Bilberry contains many beneficial properties that help combat the formation of tumors, scurvy, improve visual performance. Berry is useful for losing weight. Substances contained in blueberries contribute to the process of accelerating metabolism. Use better berries fresh, but in the winter you can dry or freeze the fruits of blueberries.
Black medium-sized berries, in appearance resembles black currants. You can find it in the shady and heated by the sun. It grows on shrubs or low trees. The best time to pick up an elderberry - late summer - early fall. At this time, the berries ripen and become most beneficial to humans.
The immature elderberry fruits, foliage and flowers are dangerous. For medicinal purposes, the berry is used in dried and processed form.. To preserve an elderberry for the winter, you need to pay attention to the storage conditions. Berry is quite susceptible to temperature and humidity.
Small, creeping shrubs on the ground, having an evergreen color. Berries are common in all corners of the globe, but the best climatic conditions for wild-growing cranberries are high humidity and low temperature. Fruits have a dense skin and a fiery red color. Berry has a specific, sour taste. Usually, the cranberry harvest begins in August, but the fruits can hold out on the plant until the beginning of spring, while retaining all the useful substances, and the cranberries are not a few. It is of great value as a medicinal plant, used in cooking for the preparation of beverages and various dishes.. It has the property to be stored for a long time in frozen and dried forms.
Advantages and disadvantages
All varieties and types of garden berries were bred on the basis of their forest ancestors. However, berries grown in gardening conditions do not receive that unique set of elements as they grow in the forest. It has long been known that wild berries are tastier and healthier. They are often used in pharmacology and medicine.
The main beneficial properties of wild berries are:
- Berries growing in wild forests - not polluted by civilization. They absorb the nutrients that nature and the surrounding plants produce, without the addition of chemicals or fertilizers.
- Fruit contain large amounts of antioxidantsthat remove toxins from the body, help maintain the body in good shape, slow down aging, prevent diseases of the cardiovascular system, worsening of general well-being, apathy, sleep disorders.
- Berries do not accumulate heavy metals.. All harmful substances linger in the roots, stems, leaves of plants. Therefore, when collecting leaves, you should pay attention to whether there are nearby industrial enterprises or highways.
- Use of wild berries, allows you to save consumed vitamins for a long time. What is the key to good health in the winter.
- Many berries significantly reduce the risk of malignant tumors.
- Antiseptic properties of fruits useful for those who suffer from diseases of the bladder and kidneys.
- Blueberry contains substances that reduce the likelihood of blood clots in vessels and the development of atherosclerosis.
- When eating wild berries visual acuity improves. Researchers have proven that with daily use of natural forest berries, under the conditions of a modern lifestyle, good vision persists up to 55 - 60 years.
- Berries like raspberries are often used as a febrifuge.. With the release of sweat, the body is cleared of accumulated substances due to improper lifestyle. Raspberry strengthens the immune system, which allows you to more effectively deal with colds and other viral diseases.
- Not only berries have healing properties, but also foliage, flowers, and sometimes the roots of plants. On their basis, make infusions and brewed teas. Plant parts can be used both fresh and dried.. The leaves have the ability to lower blood sugar.
- The use of red color berries, helps to increase hemoglobin in the blood. This is especially useful for older people. Before use, you need to pay attention to contraindications, if any.
- Of course, wild berries have a real rich smell and taste. They absorb the aromas of the forest: pine needles, herbs and others. It is possible to use for preparation of desserts, sauces, drinks. Berry delicacies will be useful for children. They will help to strengthen and protect children's body from harm.
Wild berries have a small number of disadvantages.which are lost on the background of the list of merits. But still it is worth paying attention to them.
Eat berries need in moderation. Fanatical use of berries in all walks of life can lead to health problems:
- Violation of the gastrointestinal tract
- The appearance of rashes, redness, and the subsequent development of allergies
- The emergence of dental problems: the destruction of tooth enamel, the development of caries, and increased sensitivity.
Forest berries - a storehouse of nutrients and taste. Their moderate use can give a long life, reduce the risk of disease and just strengthen the body.. And of course, forest aromatic berries will be a good complement to culinary masterpieces.