From the 18th century, the Russian farmsteads were decorated with variegated Pavlovian chickens. The almost extinct breed, the description and photo of which can be viewed below, is again gaining popularity among poultry farmers.
- Head loosely rounded, small.
- Crest compressed from all sides, looks like a helmet, curl.
- Around the eyes and on the cheeks bulging feathersgoing down under the beak, they form a beard and cans. The entire length of the neck tight collar.
- Comb and lobes small, underdeveloped. The base of the ridge is located near the parietal part, located across the head.
- Beak straight or slightly curved, thin, with a nasal septum visible from the side. The nostrils are raised. May be pink, yellow, black and blue.
- Eyes yellow or black. Slightly convex. Medium size.
- Pavlovsky chickens in appearance resemble pheasants. The body is horizontal, compact, massive, compressed. The back is of medium length.
- Plumage spotted, motley. At the beginning and end of the feathers are black. The middle is white or golden hue. Black and white, silver, black and gold, pale yellow, white color of Pavlovian chickens is distinguished.
- Tail fluffy, graceful. Raised up like a fan.
- Wings well developed. Fly feathers tightly pressed to the body, sometimes protruding beyond the contours of the wing.
- Legs Opera from the outside and inside. On the shins "hawk shred" ("hawk knee") - feathers bent at the ends elongated in the form of spurs.
- Four fingers are feathered with small feathers. Paws dark, blue and black.
The bird at the exhibition is rejected if identified:
- Excessive feathering or lack of feathers on the legs.
- Outsider Colour in color.
- Fifth finger on the foot.
- Excessive size or absence beards.
- Big sprawling tuft.
- Feet color inappropriate to the main.
Crested chickens with unusual plumage and “grouse” feet were struck at the end of the 18th century by the traveler P.S. Pallas, who saw them in the village of Pavlovo, Nizhny Novgorod province.
In the nineteenth century at agricultural exhibitions Pavlovian chickens have repeatedly been recognized as "royal" and received the status of the best national breed. However, by the end of the 19th century, interest in ornamental birds had disappeared, and after the revolution, the Pavlovsk breed had completely disappeared.
Only in the 80s of the last century, attempts were made to revive the reference Pavlovian bird. As a result of the crossing of Dutch breeds, sultan, favorite and la-fresh, breeders achieved the desired result.
According to the constitution, the color is the same as the chickens, only differ signs of gender.
- Eyes black, brown, cherry.
- Lush collar on the neck.
- Chest stronger than females bulging forward.
- Suicide to tail back.
- Large, full, vertical tail with long, wide, curved tail braids.
- Hocks butg short, all shades of gray. Spurs are long, developed.
Species breed, photo
In the catalog emit two subspecies: pavlovsk silver and pavlovsk golden.
The predominant color of the pen is white.
Golden brown plumage. At the end of the feather, the brown color turns to black, forming an edging which, moving from a tuft, neck to shoulders, back, lower back, forms the letter V. The outer protective tail feathers and downy wings have spotty coloring. The feathers of the wings of the first order are brown on the inside, with a golden shade, on the outside - dark.
Advantages and disadvantages
Among the benefits Poultry farmers call decorativeness, unpretentiousness, low feed intake, a large percentage of young stock preservation, precocity, good taste qualities of eggs and meat.
Disadvantages: the danger of buying chickens of dubious breed, relatively low productivity.
Refer to early decorative group. However, given the relatively high egg production, fatness, high safety of the young and hatchability, you can conditionally define them as meat and egg breed.
Divorced on farms, gardens, rural farmsteads. Breed characteristics and farmer reviews can be viewed below.
Chickens do not belong to the giants. Males gain weight 1.7-1.9 kg. Adult roosters reach 2.5-3 kg. Chickens - 2 kg. The meat is tasty, tender.
The average indicator. In the year from Pavlovsky chickens get from 150 to 300 eggs. The color of the shell is white, creamy, beige. The weight of an oblong egg is 50-65 g.
Chickens have developed maternal instinct. The safety of chickens, due to the care of chicks, exceeds 90%. Poultry farmers often use Pavlovian chickens to hatch chicks of other breeds.
Pavlovsky chickens are active, mobile, love to run. Distinctive behavioral trait - fussiness, the ability to fly over obstacles changing the direction of flight.
Roosters are different cockiness. Despite the belligerence of males, chickens get along well with other breeds of birds - ducks, geese, turkeys, guinea fowls.
Trustful and friendly towards people. Tied to a chicken coop, do not try to escape.
Coop or walking
Birds are unpretentious. Due to the rich, dense plumage, high motor activity stand frost in unheated, windproof rooms. But the optimal is the presence of a spacious, warm, equipped chicken coop.
Poor cell transfer, limited space. Due to the natural mobility of the chickens need regular walks.
In the summer, the stay in the barn is reduced to a minimum, leaving the whole daylight day on the walk.
The chicken coop must have an area of at least 3 m² and a height of up to 2 m. the presence of a window.
In the wall make a hole with a warmed door. At a height of about 80 cm stuffed roosts. Nests (35x35x30 cm) fixed on the walls, put on the floor, spread inside with hay or straw. Paul insulated with hay, straw, sawdust.
Feeders periodically washed. It is better if they have legs, then the hens will be less scattered food.
Diet and diet
Chickens compare favorably with meat and egg-meat breeds low feed intake, undemanding to diet. In the summer they peck brilliant green, worms, insects.
In the winter go on traditional diet: grain, wet mash, mixed fodder, bran, vitamin supplements. With proper feeding per Pavlovskaya breed, only 50 g of feed per day is consumed.
In winter, a third of the diet should be solid feed. The rest is mash.
The daily ration of Pavlovian laying hens necessarily includes: grain, succulent vegetable mixtures, animal feed, and mineral supplements.
Chickens from which it is planned to obtain eggs for hatching and young hens should receive protein feed, vitamin complexes.
For protein feed include meat and feather, meat, fish meal. Whole and skim milk, cottage cheese, sour milk. Herbal products - legumes and flour from them, meal, cake, yeast, nettle.
Pavlov Chicks in the early days fed with cottage cheese, hard-boiled eggs, mixed with wheat, corn, or boiled millet. On the third day begin to lure fresh alfalfa, clover, nettle, boiled potatoes, carrots.
From the fifth day the youngsters should receive wet and dry masses, dairy and animal feed, greenfinch, carrots, tops, pine and grass meal, yeast.
The chicks of the chicks should be full by the end of the day.
From the diversity and balance of feed depends on the growth rate and the safety of chicks.
Chicks are fed on the tray. They put drinkers with warm milk or clear water at room temperature.
When chickens do not have the opportunity to receive pasture follow power mode:
- Fed 3-4 times a day.
- In the morning birds get a third of the grain, after a couple of hours - a wet mash.
- In the evening fall asleep the remaining rate of grain.
Pavlovsk fluffy chickens, quickly fledged. At birth, spotty, dark. Growing feathers are golden, silvery with specks of black color.
For removal of chickens selected eggs weighing 60 g. Chickens hatch under a hen or in an incubator.
Pavlovsk chickens caring hens. They heat the chickens themselves, cover them. They learn to look for food, make sure the chicks are not lost.
For hatchery chicks enclose a special place. Install heaters: reflectors, electric lamps from 100 to 150 watts, special heating pad.
- 1-5 day temperature is +30 ° C.
- 6-10 day temperature should be reduced to + 26 ° С.
- From 10th day weekly reduce the temperature by 3 ° C to + 18 ° C.
The thermometer in the room for young animals is suspended in half a meter from the floor.
When supercooling, they lose their appetite, gather at the source of heat, climb up on each other, push, trample down the weak.
Overheating can be seen in the open beaks. Chicks often drink, spread wings, lie, refuse to feed.
Pavlovsk chickens resistant to diseases, colds. Due to the consumption of large amounts of green food in the summer period, they have strong immunity. Poultry farmers with large livestock vaccinate chickens against Marek, Newcastle and Gumboro diseases.
Not the most expensive breed of chickens. Chicken price 300-500 rub. The cost of adult elite birds from 500 rubles.
Poultry farmers reviews
And how hearty they are, when I go to them, I have to make everyone cool, talk, get soaked with them about life, a very interesting breed. So beautiful and soulful in one bottle. Poultry Farmers Forum
Good breed! It is necessary to support the poultry farmers who grow this breed of chickens so as not to lose the legacy of their ancestors. Information portal Rosselkhoz
As for the characteristics of care, then, despite the unpretentiousness, this bird, as well as any other animal, naturally requires attention to itself. Business and Agriculture
In terms of economic qualities, chickens do not differ from birds of other breeds. It's just a kind of beautiful flower garden, transferred to my house. And sometimes it is pleasant to realize that you can admire the creation of the old masters of the past. Golden Egg Bird
Them already do not breed on an industrial scale. Most of the Pavlovian chickens can be found in private farms enthusiasts of the revival of the domestic breed.