From early spring to mid-summer, wonderful season begins for lovers of healthy and natural food - wild garlic ripens. He is known to all, only under different names: Ramson, Bear onions, wild onions, bulb, forest garlic.
Wild Garlic Description
Perennial bulbous, which has the taste and aroma of garlic. Early spring tender green succulent leaves and stems, and closer to June they become darker, more rigid.Wild Garlic or Ramson
Ramson cannot be confused with another plant, because, thanks to volatile essential oils, its aroma spreads with the slightest breath of wind.
It blooms snow-white small flowerscollected in umbrellas, and then formed boxes with black, and round, like polka dots, seeds. It propagates both by seeds and by dividing the root - the bulb, which goes up to 50 cm into the ground.
Where is growing
It is quite common in central Russia, in Europe, Ukraine, Belarus. You can meet in the foothills of the Caucasus, in Turkey.Places where wild garlic grows abundantly are called bear meadows.
In April, depending on the speed of melting snow, you can go to the collection of this delicacy. In the lowlands, dominated by shrubs, and quite damp, ramson captures entire glades, they are called Bear MeadowsSince in early spring bears replenish their vitamins in precisely such darkened shrubs in glades.
Existing species are difficult to confuse, because, they look externally, and they taste - completely different. All belong to the onions, have onion, garlic taste and aroma in varying degrees, with different shades.
It is called Mouse onions, often found in Central Asia, in the floodplains of Siberian rivers, in some European parts, in Belarus. It reaches half a meter in height, has a dark green color. Edible as a rhizome - onion and long leaves.Angular or Mouse Bow
It is highly valued for its onion-garlic taste, vitamin content, as well as a bactericidal effect. Despite the considerable remoteness of its growth, people in the season collect and harvest this species of wild plants in large quantities.
It is more widespread than Bear bow, and Angular. It can be found in North America, China, the mountainous regions of the Urals and Siberia, on Sakhalin, in the foothills of the Caucasus.
With a peduncle, it is 120 cm tall, leaves are dense, long - up to 30 cm, from the root tight to the stem, and look like a flask - that is what it is called in Sbiry.Siberian ramson, victorious onions or flask
Due to such wide distribution, it is even more actively used in the cultures of nations. In some places this species is processed on an industrial scale. Used as one of the best antiscorbutic drugs.as happened in the Nordic countries. With the arrival of spring, it is collected and eaten for procurement by local residents.
In this plant, vitamins and microelements are so maximally present for a person whose body in the spring badly needs them. It seems to be a wonderful remedy for many diseases. In early spring, when not a single plant grows green so wildly, wild garlic can save the body from vitaminosis.
Already in April it contains:
- Vitamin C;
- B vitamins;
- Vitamins PP;
- Essential oils;
- Organic acids.
In addition to the delicate taste, which can decorate any sauce, meat and fish dish, connoisseurs of wild garlic use it all season and as a filling for piesand in the form of blanks.
Its use cannot be diminished, because the composition is adapted to the maximum extent so that the human body fully understands all the properties of garlic.
In addition to cooking, wild garlic is used in traditional medicine, cosmetology, and we know a lot of existing home remedies from this amazing plant.
- Promotes increase appetite and easy digestion;
- Lowers blood pressure due to diuretic effect;
- Improves digestion with low acidity;
- Improves condition in case of kidney diseases due to bactericidal action and diuretic effect;
- Helps in the treatment of pneumoniaand other lung diseases;
- It has a pronounced antihistamine effect, when used for several days;
- Improves lipid metabolism, which means - helps with fat loss.
Use in cooking and in home medicine
In the role of the main component in salads, fillings for pies, the aromatic component in sauces, wild garlic has been known for many years.
Its medicinal properties are also transmitted by many cultures to their next generations.
Wild garlic can not only be consumed seasonally, but also harvested for the family, and enjoyed fragrant dishes throughout the winter, and a balanced composition of vitamins can be eaten.
So, wild garlic can be stored in:
- Frozen form. Chopped and frozen, it can be stored for up to 6 months;
- Dried form. The leaves are cut and dried in a ventilated area without sunlight. Stored for several years;
- Salty form. Leaves and stems are salted without the use of marinade. Stored up to 3 months.
- Frozen ramson
- Salted ramson can be stored for up to 3 months
- Dried wild garlic
Preparation of medicinal products from fresh wild garlic
- With wounds that heal for a long time, fester, as well as with herpes - small enough, before the formation of juice, grind the leaves, put on the wound, bandage, and leave for a couple of hours. After that, remove the bandage with gruel, and without rinsing, dry.
- With arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism - finely ground whole garlic is poured with vodka at the rate of 1/4, and left standing in a dark place for a fortnight. Rub the finished tincture before bedtime.
- With periodontal disease - insist vodka at the rate of 1/1 with a gruel of freshly ground ramson for 1 week. Before bedtime rinse your mouth with three tablespoons of tincture.
- From avitominoza, for the prevention of colds and lung diseases - In the season of ripening wild garlic, 150 - 200 grams of fresh leaves and stems without heat treatment should be eaten daily. You can eat it daily in the form of a salad, or as a greenery for hot dishes.
Fresh ramson salad with egg and hamSalad of wild garlic, eggs and ham
- 200g fresh wild garlic;
- 3 boiled eggs;
- 150g of ham or boiled meat;
- 3 tbsp. sour cream;
Cut ham and eggs into cubes. Ramson chop, salted and mash your hands. Mix the ingredients, add sour cream, pepper and salt to taste.
Stuffing for garlic pie or pies
- 500-700g. fresh wild garlic;
- 2 fresh eggs;
- 5st.l. high fat sour cream;
Finely chop the ramson, salt and mash your hands a little. Beat into the egg mass. Add sour cream and mix.Use as a filling for a pie or pies.
Garlic sauce with meat and wild garlic
- 300g any fresh meat for goulash or sauce;
- 300g fresh wild garlic;
- 1 l. Water.
Boil the meat almost until tender. Add to the broth coarsely chopped wild garlic, the right spices and vegetables. Bring to readiness, and Serve the meat garlic sauce with sour cream.
Wild garlic is a wonderful gift of nature at the moment when the strength is running out. Maximally eat natural - even wild garlic can be both a delicious dish and an excellent doctor.